A1 American Cab Co. is looking for courteous, professional experienced drivers to work as cab drivers in the Bay Area, CA. Responsibilities and qualifications required:
- Operates vehicles designated as a Taxi and commissioned to transport passengers to various locations in the Bay area.
- Makes pickups and drop-offs as required.
- Loads, unloads, secures, and protects all passengers and their belongings being transported.
- Operates non-motorized material handling equipment (dollies, platform carts, pallet jacks, etc.) necessary for safely handling items being transported.
- Performs and documents pre and post trip inspections of assigned vehicle as required and is responsible for the care and safe operation of the vehicle at all times.
- Drive a vehicle for extended periods of time (4+hours).
- Communicating with the dispatcher and with passengers.
- Ability to learn and navigate the local area.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ year experience operating Taxi Cabs or Limousines
In addition to the above, candidates must possess the following to be considered highly qualified for the position. Applicants must describe how they meet the following essential functions and preferred qualifications in their application materials.
Essential Functions and Preferred Qualifications:
- Must have an excellent driving record and possess a valid California driver’s license.
- Experience driving passenger taxi cabs
- Ability to speak, read and write English clearly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a two-way radio system.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Neat professional appearance
- Some lifting required.
- Knowledge of Bay Area and surrounding communities very helpful.